It looks like the site migration has gone relatively painlessly. Although, I think I lost 2-3 posts (the Square Rigger Briefcase and Angostura LLB posts are the ones I remember) in the conversion from Joomla to WordPress. I need to reload the images from the original WordPress posts (from the blog.k8gu.com days) into the new WordPress. The images from Joomla had to be moved into the WordPress posts by hand, but since there were only about fifty posts, this was not a big deal.
I used a modified version of this script to dump my Joomla articles into a dummy WordPress installation/database table that I set up on the QTH.com server. Then, I exported from that WordPress installation in WordPress XML format so I could test the import on my server here at home, as well as importing the old WordPress posts from pre-2008. Bingo. I just cleaned-out the old Joomla and WordPress files and database tables at QTH.com then replaced them with the new WordPress installation. I’ll be adding the images from the old WordPress posts back in slowly.